What are the homeopathic remedies for Depression?
To choose the best homeopathic remedies for depression, first lets try and understand what depression actually is.
Depression: A feeling of severe despondency and dejection.
Listed below are some organs and the most probable emotional cause or situation that gives rise to depression:
- Adrenal cortex – Wrong direction, lost
- Bladder – Ugly conflict, dirty tricks being played, territory
- Bone: Lack of self-worth, inferiority feeling
- Breast milk gland: Involving care or disharmony
- Breast milk duct: fear of Separation
- Breast, left: problems with child, home, mother
- Breast, right: Conflict with partner or others
- Bronchials, Bladder: problems with land, territory
- Cervix: Severe frustration
- Colon: Ugly indigestible facts
- Esophagus: Cannot have it or swallow it
- Gall Bladder: Rivalry
- Heart: Perpetual conflict
- Intestines: Indigestible anger, indignation
- Kidneys: Not wanting to live
- Larynx: fear and fright
- Liver: Fear of starvation
- Lung: Fear of dying or suffocation, including fear for someone else
- Lymph glands: Loss of self-worth
- Melanoma: feeling dirty, embarrassed
- Middle ear: Not being able to get some vital information
- Mouth: Cannot chew or hold it
- Pancreas: Anxiety-anger conflict with family members, inheritance
- Prostate: Ugly conflict with sexual connections or connotations
- Rectum: Fear of being useless
- Skin: Loss of integrity, separation
- Spleen: Shock of being physically or emotionally wounded
- Stomach: Indigestible anger, tolerated too much
- Testes and Ovaries: Loss
- Thyroid: Feeling powerless
- Uterus: Sexual problems with partner.
What Are the Main Causes of Depression?
There are a number of factors that may increase the chance of depression, including the following:
- Past physical, sexual, or emotional abuse can increase the vulnerability to clinical depression later in life. These causes have struck the subject young. As early as in first 5 years after birth in most cases.
- Certain medications, Some drugs, such as isotretinoin (used to treat acne), the antiviral drug interferon-alpha, and corticosteroids, can increase your risk of depression. These drugs cause suppression of natural defense mechanisms and hence lead to depression.
- Depression in someone who has the biological vulnerability to develop depression may result from personal conflicts or disputes with family members or friends. Depression can be inherited (genes from parents) or acquired (from social environment)
- Death or a loss. Sadness or grief, from the death or loss of a loved one, though natural, may increase the risk of depression. Out of several natural reactions like shock, anger, joy, indifference, these subjects react with grief.
- A family history of depression may increase the risk. It’s thought that depression is a complex trait, meaning that there are probably many different genes that each exert small effects, rather than a single gene that contributes to disease risk. The genetics of depression, like most psychiatric disorders, are not as simple or straightforward as in purely genetic diseases such as chorea or cystic fibrosis. Depression can be inherited (genes from parents) or acquired (from social environment).
- Major events. Even good events such as starting a new job, graduating, or getting married can lead to depression. So can moving, losing a job or income, getting divorced, or retiring. However, the syndrome of clinical depression is never just a “normal” response to stressful life events. Out of several natural reactions like shock, anger, joy, indifference, these subjects react with grief.
- Other personal problems. Problems such as social isolation due to other mental illnesses or being cast out of a family or social group can contribute to the risk of developing clinical depression.
- Serious illnesses. Sometimes depression co-exists with a major illness or may be triggered by another medical condition.
- Substance abuse: Nearly 30% of people with substance abuse problems also have major or clinical depression.
Listed below are some important Homeopathic remedies for specific emotions as a reaction to stressful situations.
- Suppressed anger: Aconite, Aurum metallicum, Belladona, Coffea cruda, Nux-vomica, Bryonia, Chamomila, Sulphur, Veratrum album.
- Loss of a loved one (man or pet): Aurum metallicum, Belladona, Hyocyamus, Ignatia, Natrum-mur, Causticum, Antimonium crudum, Phosphoric acid
- Joy (increased serotonin and endorphin): Opium, China, Coffea, Aconite, Pulsatilla
- Loss in Business/Money/Prestige: Arnica, Rhust-tox, Veratrum album, Sarsaparilla, Arsenicum Album, Calcarea Carbonica, Ignatia, Nux-vomica
The above remedies to be taken under guidance of an expert homeopath as the constitutional picture must match holistically.
Dr. Shreepad Khedekar has treated world famous tennis Star NOVAK DJOKOVIC for Asthma. Has also cured many European football stars playing the European premiere league. Has his own practice in Europe and believes in research, has submitted hundreds of case studies to most important Medical Journals internationally. He is Internationally acclaimed Physician, Teacher, Researcher, and Author. Has written 4 books on Homeopathy. Specializes in handling severe and complex pathologies by using a simple yet effective holistic approach. Being an internationally recognized teacher on the subject of understanding the Genetic basis of Homeopathic treatment, he is aggressively and diligently striving to make the treatment of difficult and incurable diseases successful, economically. He firmly believes that the answer to most Chronic conditions lies in the stressful events that one has suffered from. He will give you the best advice and a guaranteed result. He operates through his clinics in Dadar and Belgrade and is also a consultant at Shushrusha Hospital, Mumbai.